Ora et labora
“Idleness is the enemy of the soul”
(Rule of Saint Benedict)
The work to which the monks of the abbey devote their time are mainly of three types:
- Tasks necessary for the smooth running of the abbey: formation of novices, studies, maintenance of the buildings and the grounds, sacristy, linen room, kitchen…
- The preaching of retreats and, in their prolongation, the drafting and mailing of the monthly newsletter.
- Lucrative workshops to provide for the needs of the Abbey:
- Desktop publishing ( DTP ).
- The Manufacturing of icons and diptychs/triptychs.
- Editions ‘ Traditions Monastiques ‘.
- The Workshop of stone sculpture.